Why do Microsoft Dynamics clients hire freelancers?
Over the last 5 years more and more Microsoft Dynamics clients started hiring freelancers to procure, deliver, project manage or support their new or existing projects.
Why is that? Isn’t the Dynamics partner channel able to deliver all of this as they used to do in the past?
Here are some key reasons why clients hire freelancers directly in addition to or instead of partners:
– Manage their own internal resources and processes – every CRM or ERP project requires internal commitment and resources so hiring a partner does not resolve this. It is important to have someone in the company who has done this before and can manage the process internally. Sometimes clients are lucky to have an employee with this experience but in most cases they need to look externally. This role is a temporary one so hiring a freelancer is the most popular scenario here. Having an independent consultant working for the company is often welcomed by the partners as this ensures better teamwork towards the success of the project.
– Complement some specific skills – there are cases where the partners don’t have all the required skills so clients bring in external resources who have those.
– Expertise – many of the highly skilled consultants will only work as contractors. The options are to either have them subcontracted to the partner or working for the clients directly.
– Control – some clients prefer to be in full control of the delivery and prefer to hire the consultants directly. There are well known instances of organisations who create whole teams of consultants and project managers formed of freelancers.
– Cost – it is much cheaper to hire contractors directly as this does not include the partner margin.
Of course, it could be considered lower risk to hire a partner and not just freelancers so many companies prefer a hybrid approach.
The newly launched platform 365 Freelance (www.365freelance.com ) can help Dynamics clients find available Microsoft Dynamics contractors without the necessity of paying high recruitment fees. Register with us to find hundreds of available resources that could meet your requirements.
- Spanish Speaking Dynamics AX Functional Consultant August 17, 2017
- French Speaking Dynamics AX Technical and Functional Consultants August 17, 2017
- The 365 Talent Portal Dynamics Events Calendar August 16, 2017
- How to screen CVs for Microsoft consultants August 15, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect in London August 10, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017