Dynamics 365 news and Microsoft updates – May & June 2018
A lot has been happening with Dynamics 365 and with Microsoft these past few months. There are also a few interesting Microsoft events coming up. If you’ve been head down in work, you may have missed some interesting stuff. Here is your chance to catch-up on the latest Dynamics 365 news!
Microsoft Build 2018 – videos and presentations
Microsoft Build 2018 was held in Seattle a month ago – time flies! With the summer getting closer, if you haven’t yet had a chance to look into all the amazing content from the conference, now may be a good time to dive into it.
The content from the Microsoft Build conference is targeted at developers primarily. It explores the latest technologies from a technical point of view. This year’s sessions covered the following topics:
Dynamics 365 Spring 2018 release – updates and resources
On June 1st, Microsoft announced on their official Dynamics 365 Twitter channel (@MSFTDynamics365) that the Dynamics 365 Spring 2018 release notes have been updated.
Several changes were made to the Field Service, Social Engagement, Talent, Finance and Operations, PowerBI, Microsoft Flow and Data Integration sections of the Spring 2018 release notes.
This follows another series of updates announced on May 1st, so if you’ve read the Spring 2018 update notes upon their first release last April, there is now a lot of new information!
Information and links about the Dynamics 365 Spring 2018 release:
- Dynamics 365 Spring 2018 release page (with on-demand videos to learn more about the Dynamics 365 capabilities)
- Spring ’18 Release Overview page on the Microsoft website (includes link to download the release notes)
- Spring ’18 change history (to check everything that has changed since April)
- Dynamics 365 Spring 2018 release – documentation & readiness (for a few additional resources)
- Watch the Business Applications spring launch event on‑demand – for more information about Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft and GitHub
Microsoft have announced their intention to go further into their developer-first philosophy by acquiring the software development platform GitHub. Read all about this on the Microsoft News Center!
Microsoft Inspire – July 2018
Microsoft Inspire is next month! It will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, from July 15th to July 19th.
Inspire is always a huge event which is worth keeping your eye on. New content is regularly being added to the Inspire page, so it’s worth bookmarking. You can also have a look at the list of speakers and sessions.
Microsoft Business Applications Summit
This whole new Microsoft conference will be all about Dynamics 365, PowerBI, Excel, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow. It’s happening in Seattle, from July 22nd to July 24th.
If you’d like more information about upcoming Microsoft conferences, check out The 365 Talent Portal Dynamics Events Calendar 2018-19.
365 Talent Portal is the Microsoft Dynamics platform that saves Dynamics Partners & End-Users over 50% in recruitment fees. Over 6000 Consultants have joined us for free Dynamics online training, events, downloads and great jobs. It’s free for Consultants, while hiring companies pay a small subscription fee to advertise and directly contact them.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- How to access Microsoft PartnerSource if you’re not a Partner employee December 3, 2018
- 4 reasons to hire Dynamics 365 Consultants from another country November 19, 2018
- Permanent D365 F&O/AX Functional job – Belgium November 9, 2018
- Free MVP Mentorship Program – become a Dynamics 365 thought leader November 6, 2018
- How to get free Dynamics Learning Portal access October 31, 2018