Dynamics GP 2016 Readiness Guide for consultants
Dynamics GP 2016 was released on May 1st 2016. This guide will help Microsoft Dynamics GP consultants to get up-to-date with the new features, training, and resources related to this new product.
New features – Summary
Dynamics GP 2016 comes with many exciting new features:
– A new HTML5 web client, which replaces the previous Microsoft Silverlight-based experience. This hasn’t brought any major changes to the general navigation.
– Additional browsers and mobile devices are now supported.
– Workflow condition management: a new option has been introduced which allows more flexibility with the automatic processing of workflows in situations when a condition isn’t met.
– Configurable OData Service points: Dynamics GP data can now be read by any tool that supports OData feeds.
– SmartLists imports and exports: SmartLists created with SmartList Designer can now be imported and exported from one install to another.
Microsoft have released some very interesting documentation detailing and explaining those features (and more):
A Microsoft video presenting the system-wide new features.
A Microsoft White paper which summarises the GP 2016 enhancements.
This link will start the download of a folder which contains four documents:
– A document introducing the new features system-wide;
– Detailed information about the Applications new features;
– Detailed information about the OData feature;
– Detailed information about the Power BI feature.
A truly amazing resource on which we strongly advise you to keep an eye. On May 3rd, Microsoft kicked-off a blog series which will run until mid-July. This blog series will allow you to explore GP 2016 in-depth, to get links to videos and documentation, and even to obtain answers to your Dynamics GP-related questions.
By following the above link, you will find:
– Links to the Dynamics GP 2016 readiness articles that have been published by Microsoft since May 3rd;
– The schedule for the next publications;
– A number of links to essential GP 2016 professional resources.
Dynamics GP Roadmap
Dynamics GP 2016 training for consultants
Next month, Dynamics GP 2016 courses will start to be available on the Dynamics Learning Portal. The first one will be the course 80834: Financials in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016.
If you are an independent consultant who doesn’t have access to DLP, 365 Talent Portal can provide you with free specialised Microsoft Dynamics training.
Dynamics GP consultants’ blogs
When it comes to Microsoft Dynamics, consultants are the best source of knowledge. Following experienced Dynamics GP consultants online is a great way to find out about the new release from a practical perspective.
If you’d like to start following great Dynamics GP blogs, Dynamics 101’s Top 25 Dynamics GP sites is a great place to start.
Additional Dynamics GP 2016 resources
About us: 365 Talent Portal is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of consultants. With a network spanning 101 countries, it allows companies to search for consultants based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here –www.365talentportal.com.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- Ten Dynamics interview tips for consultants April 20, 2018
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer USA Remote Job April 20, 2018
- Webinar – win more projects by using Microsoft Dynamics incentives April 18, 2018
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer USA Job April 16, 2018
- ERP Management Consultant USA Job April 16, 2018