Useful guide to Independent Freelancers organisations
Many Dynamics independent consultants are well connected and have great access to a number of specialised networks and groups. However, there are some aspects of being self-employed that are often at the back of our minds and not well covered in Dynamics social media. These are often important things like getting started, opening a company, local tax & legal advice (especially how to avoid an IR35 enquiry etc), insurance, finding an office, and so on, which frequently come up in casual conversations. It is very useful finding a professional body to guide you through these areas so we have decided to list some of them.
Here some of membership organisations that can help:
The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed (IPSE previously known as PCG) – https://www.ipse.co.uk/. This is the largest organisation for independent professionals in Europe with over 21,000 members. You get fantastic benefits in terms of advice helpline, insurance, free use of workspaces in London.
Freelancer & Contractor Services Association (http://www.fcsa.org.uk/). One of the leading trade association for accountancy service and umbrella providers. If you want someone to do your bookkeeping & issue invoices on your behalf, this could be a good choice. Their members, bookkeeping organisations, are seriously vetted and highly reputable.
Freelancers Union (https://www.freelancersunion.org/). They have 244,000 members in USA. The benefits are mainly focussed around insurance, medial and retirement offers.
Association of Independent Information Professionals (http://aiip.org ) helps with getting started, networking and events.
Association of Independent Consultants (AIC) (http://www.aiconsult.ca/). Personalised service that gives access to networking, events and members discounts.
There are many others and I’ve probably missed some major independent organisations who provide practical support to freelancers – please comment/reply with any other companies that are worth adding to the list.
About us: 365 Freelance is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of contractors. With a network spanning 69 countries, it allows companies to search for freelancers based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here – www.365freelance.com
- The 365 Talent Portal Dynamics Events Calendar August 16, 2017
- How to screen CVs for Microsoft consultants August 15, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect in London August 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer in Canada August 10, 2017
- Free Microsoft Training : Dynamics 365 Customization August 9, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017