Microsoft Build 2017 – videos and main announcements
Hosted in Seattle on May 10-12, Microsoft Build 2017 was a great occasion for Developers to learn about the latest developments in the tech industry.
A number of interesting announcements were made during the conference, and many specific technical sessions were held. If you missed it, you can read about the main highlights below and get access to video recordings of the Build 2017 sessions.
Build 2017 – Main announcements
This year’s main themes for the Build conference were:
– Working better across a variety of platforms and devices
– The latest developments in the fields of AI and virtual reality.
Microsoft announced that the next Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is coming this year. It will bring the possibility for a new kind of cross-device experience through a number of new features, including a Cloud powered clipboard which will let users copy and paste between devices.
The Cortana Skills Kit is now available for public preview – developers can now create new skills for Cortana.
Mixed reality headsets
Motion controllers have been released to work with mixed reality (a mix of virtual and augmented reality) headsets. The new headsets’ sensors are integrated in the headset rather than being external. The headset will work with latest update of Windows 10.
Microsoft announced that ITunes and Linux are coming to Windows store.
For more information about the Build 2017 announcements and Microsoft’s latest news, we recommend the following articles:
Highlights from Microsoft Build 2017, Business Insider UK, May 15th 2017
Microsoft Monday: WannaCry Ransomware, Fall Creators Update, Build 2017 Conference Announcements, Forbes, May 15th 2017
Microsoft Build 2017: The biggest announcements from this year’s conference, The Indian Express, May 13th 2017
Build 2017 videos
Video recordings from the Build 2017 technical sessions have been published on Channel 9. There are 452 videos to choose from, which you can filter by theme, speaker or level of difficulty.
To view the videos, follow this link: Build 2017 recordings on Channel 9.
365 Talent Portal is the online platform that enables thousands of Microsoft Dynamics consultants to improve their technical, consulting, and soft skills, as well as advertise their profiles whenever they choose to look for work. This profile gives Microsoft Dynamics partners and end-users instant, direct access to the consultants if they want to be contacted. With a network spanning 114 countries, 365 Talent Portal allows companies to search for consultants based on their detailed skills, rates and available dates, to find the best consultants for their projects. Companies can find and employ them on a very low cost model on either a freelance or permanent basis, without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies.
- Seven steps for creating a great Dynamics job advert August 21, 2017
- Spanish Speaking Dynamics AX Functional Consultant August 17, 2017
- French Speaking Dynamics AX Technical and Functional Consultants August 17, 2017
- The 365 Talent Portal Dynamics Events Calendar August 16, 2017
- How to screen CVs for Microsoft consultants August 15, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017