Microsoft Ignite 2018 – catch-up on the future of AI
Microsoft Ignite 2018, which took place at the end of September, was packed with exciting news. A big focus of the conference was Microsoft’s plans for AI – and we were particularly excited to learn about the new Dynamics 365 AI apps!
If you’ve missed the conference, we can help you catch-up! Here’s a summary of the main AI announcements and several useful links, including video sessions from the event.
Microsoft Ignite 2018 – main AI announcements
Artificial Intelligence (AI) was a big theme of this year’s Ignite event. New AI projects and products were announced, including new Dynamics 365 AI apps.
Three Dynamics 365 AI apps have been announced:
- Dynamics 365 AI for Sales: helps to target the right leads at the right time
- Dynamics 365 AI for Customer Service: supports you to increase the engagement and satisfaction of your existing customer
- Dynamics 365 AI Market Insights: guides you towards building your online presence in the right way
These apps are all about improving the effectiveness of sales and customer service teams. The above links will take you to the product pages, where you will be able to see the details of these apps’ features.
During Ignite 2018, Microsoft also mentioned their Dynamics 365 mixed reality apps:
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist: mixed reality for field service
- Dynamics 365 Layout: mixed reality for designers
For more information about what’s to come for Dynamics 365, read the Dynamics 365 October update release notes.
There were other interesting AI announcements during Ignite this year:
- The Open Data Initiative launched jointly by Microsoft, Adobe and SAP. Its goal is to support companies’ use of AI.
- New AI features for Office 365: Ideas, which makes personalized suggestions to the user during document creation based on what they are doing.
- The Cortana Skills Kit for Enterprise will enable companies to create skills which will allow Cortana to complete specific business tasks.
Ignite 2018 sessions & links
On demand Ignite 2018 sessions are available here. You can filter the videos by product, solution, session type or format.
You can read a summary of the main announcements on Microsoft news: Microsoft Ignite 2018 round-up: all the key announcements and news
Or for a more detailed list of what’s to come, check out the Microsoft Ignite book of news.
Many Ignite resources have been gathered on the Microsoft Ignite and Microsoft Envision 2018 page on Microsoft News.
And for even more Ignite 2018 information, you can check out the Microsoft Ignite Blog.
365 Talent Portal is the Microsoft Dynamics platform that saves Dynamics Partners & End-Users over 50% in recruitment fees. Thousands Consultants have joined us for free Dynamics online training, events, downloads and great jobs. It’s free for Consultants, while hiring companies pay a small subscription fee to advertise and directly contact them.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- Freelance Dynamics 365 F&O Presales Trainers for ad-hoc deliveries April 2, 2019
- Freelance Dynamics 365 F&O Trainers for ad-hoc deliveries March 28, 2019
- How to explore the Dynamics 365 Business Central Partner opportunity March 20, 2019
- Webinar – How to Win the War for Tech Talent March 15, 2019
- The Cloud Enablement Desk can grow your Microsoft Cloud Practice February 18, 2019