Permanent ERP Operations Manager job – Glasgow
Main Purpose of Job
The Operations Manager is a key figure whose role is integral to the growth, development and success of our client’s Team and business. You are responsible for the delivery of new and existing ERP projects to consistently meet customer expectations. You will work closely with consultants, developers and sub-contractors to develop and deliver quality solutions to meet specific requirements on time and within budget. The role requires working closely with the Managing Director and deputise as required for him.
ERP Project Management
- Successfully manage the implementation of ERP projects primarily within Manufacturing and Distribution Sectors and potentially within other sectors as required.
- Effectively manage and develop ERP Implementation Methodology (Microsoft’s SureStep or similar) through presales, analysis, design, development and ‘go live’ stages and be responsible for training others in the methodology as required.
- Contribute to the new project Business Analysis to gather and document requirements and define the project scope and functional requirements
- Ensure that ERP Projects are implemented on time and within budget taking the necessary action to mitigate risks to timescales and budget working closely with the Managing Director and others as necessary in order to do so.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans which include all relevant information e.g. timescales, resources and dependencies and take remedial action to address issues in relations to those plans notifying those concerned as appropriate.
- Identify and document key elements of the Project Scope and be responsible for producing and sharing the Project Statement of Work timeously.
- Oversee the configuration and parameters set-up processes for each project.
- Assist with the provision of the Solution Architecture for new projects ensuring that the Company’s proposals cover all the required elements for a successful ERP project including Microsoft Dynamics AX Applications, the Windows Operations System, SSRS, Visual Studio, Data Migration Plan, 3rd Part Product Interfaces and Infrastructure.
- Arrange and hold regular Customer Project Meetings to manage and review progress of projects and action plan accordingly, particularly in relation to new projects.
- Develop and manage Change Management Processes to address and deal with customer changes which are out of scope.
- Provide regular updates to the Managing Director to ensure he remains informed at all times in relation to project management matters and related issues.
Resource Management (Leadership)
- Effectively manage a combined resource of internal staff and individual subcontractors in the delivery of both existing and new projects determining the best use of available resources given the skills required and budget constraints where that is a factor.
- Oversee and effectively manage customisation work and/or bespoke developments for customers.
- Plan and manage multiple projects within available resources to meet customer expectations, managing those expectations where necessary to ensure customer satisfaction is the outcome of each project.
- Assist the Managing Director with staff appraisals.
- Assist with performance management processes associated with team and business performance.
- Where required, assist with the recruitment of new staff including creating job descriptions and skills matrices, advertising, shortlisting and interviewing suitable candidates for positions as new employees or as sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the effective induction and training of new employees including monitoring during probationary periods and thereafter as directed.
Accounts Management (Financial /Commercial)
- Ensure all new contracts are set up correctly and timeously on the internal Project Timesheet System and that the system is kept up to date at all times.
- Responsible for managing the internal Project Timesheet System so that all professional service time is correctly recorded and is invoiced on a monthly basis or as otherwise directed.
- Provide forecasts of required resources for current projects and potential new projects.
- Schedule and hold monthly internal Operations Meetings to review activities and progress of current projects and to determine and manage action which requires to be taken as a result of these reviews, producing minutes of those meetings and ensuring agreed actions are followed up to completion.
- Ensure all customer support calls are effectively handled, responded to and resolved and that the appropriate details are recorded on the internal Project Support System.
- Manage and produce clear, accurate and timeous documentation for various elements of each project, together with the relevant internal documentation, including: Project Plans, Statements of Work, Business Analysis, Project Scope and Functionality, Operations Meeting Minutes, Customer Meeting Minutes, Prospect Proposals, Project Task Logs, Project Issue/Risk Logs.
- Provide such reports to the Managing Director as may be required concerning plans, progress or regarding other performance areas and achievements and ensure that the Managing Director has the information and resources required for the operational management of the organisation.
- Flexible approach in undertaking work and workload required of the role to achieve the necessary outcomes.
- Develop and nurture close working relationships to ensure cohesive and cooperative working practices across the Company.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement process within the business.
- Comply fully with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist as required.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject or substantial work experience at a level demonstrating required ability
- Certified in recognised ERP Implementation Methodology ideally Microsoft’s Sure Step or equivalent.
- Strong ERP Implementation Methodology Experience with demonstrable track record of delivering successful projects and managing teams of various sizes on time and within budget.
- Experience of successfully managing the implementation of multiple ERP Projects within the Manufacturing and Distribution sectors
- Experience of working within a ERP IT Company
- Significant experience of adopting practical Change Management Processes as necessary to manage timeline, budget and other changes.
- Good experience of managing developments within an ERP environment
- Proven track record of developing, managing and delivering detailed and complex project plans which focus on timescales, resources and dependencies but remain realistic
- Significant experience of effectively recruiting and managing staff and sub-contractors within multiple projects.
- Experience of working closely with customers to achieve satisfactory outcomes within a dynamic, project environment
- Track record of successful partnership working and liaising with customers to deliver projects which meet customer expectations
- Track record of evaluating services and delivering improvements as a result.
- Expert knowledge of ERP project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX Applications
- Very good working knowledge of MS Project, MS Visio, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Familiar with the nuances of working within an ERP IT Company and the demands and flexibility that are prerequisites of managing a number of different requirements in that environment
- Practical working knowledge of recruitment and staff management.
Skills and abilities
- Proven track record in ERP Project Management
- Able to clearly explain and document the detail of the various stages of ERP Implementation Methodology including presales, analysis, design, development and go live.
- Able to work and manage effectively on own and with others while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate leadership/management skills with a solution focus
- Excellent communicator, particularly skilled in written, oral and presentational communication combined with very good listening skills
- Demonstrates professional communication and conduct at all times in the context of the professional customer environment in which the post-holder is operating
- Able to prepare and document customer business and IT requirements for new ERP Systems accurately and develop initial high level project plans with estimates of resources required by both the Company and the customer
- Effective negotiator who is able to influence others when promoting the interests of the business.
- Flexible approach and willing to work beyond core hours to achieve necessary outcomes.
- Fully committed to, and passionate about, developing the core skills and competencies of the team and business
- Able to quickly command respect, build trust and create excellent working relationships both internal and external to the Company and at all levels
- Understands the importance of representing the business properly and at all times presents a professional image which reflects the professional nature of the business and its customers
- Collaborative manager who leads by example in effective management of their team
- Demonstrates commitment at all times to developing the Company’s reputation and brand to reflect integrity, professionalism, passion and commitment in order to delight customers with the services the Company provides
- Open, honest, with a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Deep commitment to, and understanding of, the work of the Company and committed to building the business through the management and development of staff and the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Positive attitude, motivated and ambitious with a passion to have a key role in the development and success of the business.
How to apply
About us: 365 Talent Portal is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of consultants. With a network spanning 98 countries, it allows companies to search for consultants based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here –www.365talentportal.com.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- Dynamics CRM Developer Belgium Job August 15, 2018
- Dynamics AX Retail Technical Consultant USA Job August 15, 2018
- Dynamics AX/365 Technical Architect USA Job July 30, 2018
- Microsoft Inspire 2018 highlights – 5 reasons to start a Dynamics 365 practice July 18, 2018
- Purchasing Cloud Applications July 9, 2018