PowerApps – the new Microsoft tool for creating Business Apps
One of the most exciting announcements Microsoft made at Convergence 2015 was the launch of Microsoft PowerApps, a new business resource which allows users to create and share apps.
What is PowerApps?
PowerApps is a Cloud-based online platform which enables business users to create personalised apps that can connect various data sources together. It can gather information stored in services like Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, SAP, Dropbox… and even custom business systems.
PowerApps also enables users to share the apps they’ve created with their team. Apps sharing works in a similar way to the sharing of documents.
The resulting apps work on all devices (phones, tablets, desktop – on iOS, Android and Windows).
Who can use PowerApps?
Employees can easily create tailored business apps on PowerApps. The experience is very similar to using Microsoft Office. They can use pre-made templates to get started quickly.
For developers, PowerApps includes the capabilities available in Azure App Service. Developers can also create additional data connections and APIs to existing business systems to make app creation easier for users.
For more information, see: PowerApps documentation.
What can PowerApps do?
A few examples of what can be done with PowerApps:
– Automate certain tasks by creating workflows.
– Create surveys.
– Set-up events sign-up.
– Create custom product catalogues.
There are many more possibilities to explore!
How do I get access?
PowerApps is currently at the preview stage. You can request an invitation on the PowerApps homepage.
How do I learn to use PowerApps?
About us: 365 Talent Portal is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of consultants. With a network spanning 101 countries, it allows companies to search for consultants based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here –www.365talentportal.com.
- Seven steps for creating a great Dynamics job advert August 21, 2017
- Spanish Speaking Dynamics AX Functional Consultant August 17, 2017
- French Speaking Dynamics AX Technical and Functional Consultants August 17, 2017
- The 365 Talent Portal Dynamics Events Calendar August 16, 2017
- How to screen CVs for Microsoft consultants August 15, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017