6 brilliant new omni-channel retail tools in AX 2012 R3
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 is bringing together AX 2012 and omni-channel retail tools like never before. Putting people first, it’s already helping businesses like Delta Air Lines, Eason & Sons, Jack Wolfskin and Ted Baker deliver engaging experiences that make their customers happy. Here are 6 of the great new features you can expect in AX 2012 R3:
1. Getting around…
mobile immersion is going to be a big thing in the next few years. This includes immersive mobile experiences anywhere, anytime, and on any device. Ultimately, the goal is to allow retailers to enhance shopping and store experiences. For example, in a retail environment, a sales colleague might want to see their customers’ wish lists that were created online and purchase history, and then extend that conversation in-store. POS management is also straightforward.
2. Catalog and call centers
A never before seen feature in AX, the tool allows you to target customers via mail order catalogs and streamlines operations through fast order entry, assisted sales, and fulfilment.
3. E-commerce and social
Retailers can offer consumers omni-channel shopping experiences that that make the most of social channels like Facebook and Twitter, pulling it all into the same platform.
4. Excellence in retail operations
There are plenty of things that retailers need to do on a day to day basis, and AX facilitates them in a comprehensive, since solution. For example, the tools on offer make light work of kitting, pricing and promotions enhancements, assortment and catalog improvements, global gift card and loyalty cards, not to mention rich BI and reporting improvements.
5. Enterprise manageability
Retailers with multiple locations need straightforward ways to bring together System Center Configuration Manager. In addition, centralised monitoring and troubleshooting helps to monitor the state and health of the retail topology and troubleshooting capabilities using System Center Operations Manager.
6. Modern POS
It’s the interaction between store, staff and customer that makes all the difference in creating brand loyalty. Dynamics AX is a platform that exceeds the expectations of today and embraces types of things people in retail will want to be doing in the coming years, making it a futlureproof system.
This article was firt published here by DynamicsFeed.
For more current Microsoft Dynamics news, tips and opinions, visit Dynamics Feed.
About us: 365 Freelance is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of contractors. With a network spanning 85 countries, it allows companies to search for freelancers based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here – www.365freelance.com.
- Control risk in Dynamics projects webinar – video on demand from here June 24, 2017
- Latest Microsoft training courses and certifications for Dynamics 365 June 23, 2017
- Who is Microsoft’s best Dynamics Partner 2017? June 15, 2017
- Controlling risk in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ERP projects June 6, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development Lead June 5, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017