The (dis) honesty of online reviews
We were struck recently by this story on the BBC, looking at the prevelance of fake reviews on websites.
Of course those of us working in the tech world have known for a long time that not all reviews are what they’re cracked up to be – but it’s a whole new level when the Competition And Markets Authority gets involved.
The BBC reckons that online reviews influence £23Bn of spend every year – mostly through consumer sites like Checkatrade and TripAdvisor, but also in B2B sites like ours. That’s an awful lot of spend, and unsurprisingly unscrupulous firms have resorted to practices like:
- Writing fake reviews of themselves to boost their ratings on review sites compared with rivals
- Writing or commissioning fake negative reviews to undermine rivals, for malicious reasons, or for personal gain.
Read more on the hiredbyme website!
About us: 365 Freelance is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of contractors. With a network spanning 89 countries, it allows companies to search for freelancers based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here – www.365freelance.com.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- Discover the Dynamics 365 AI Business Apps October 15, 2018
- Dynamics 365 CRM Technical & Functional job – UK October 2, 2018
- Microsoft Ignite 2018 – catch-up on the future of AI October 1, 2018
- Find a Microsoft Partner: here are 2 great websites September 14, 2018
- Dynamics 365 online training – DLP course catalogue September 1, 2018