Where does the word FREELANCE come from?
Have you ever wondered where the word “Freelance” came from?
It was first mentioned by Sir Walter Scott in 1819 in his novel depicting Robin Hood, Ivanhoe. Scott defines Italian and French mercenaries as “freelances”, meaning they were free men who offered their services (in this case, their skill with a lance) to wealthy land owners. “Freelance”, or “free-lance” was used to describe a medieval mercenary warrior not sworn to the service of a particular Lord. One of the characters, Maurice de Bracy is the first to ever introduce the term: “I offered Richard the service of my Free Lances, and he refused them… thanks to the bustling times, a man of action will always find employment.”
The word “freelance” was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 1903, and since then has passed into the everyday lexicon as a noun, adjective, and adverb. It currently means “Self-employed and hired to work for different companies on particular assignments”.
So when you look at the fast growing Microsoft Dynamics market today, no wonder so many professionals are leaving the security of the permanent jobs to seek independent contract work. 200 years since first mentioned, it is still so true that “a man of action will always find employment”. There is a very high demand for skilled Microsoft Dynamics CRM, AX, NAV and GP consultants. Many of them are booked well ahead and earn a good living out of it.
So where can you find a suitable Dynamics freelancer without having to go through a third party agency and paying a fortune of fees? Look no further than 365 Freelance (www.365freelance.com ). Our platform connects Microsoft Dynamics end-users and partners directly with available independent consultants. Register with us for free!
- Spanish Speaking Dynamics AX Functional Consultant August 17, 2017
- French Speaking Dynamics AX Technical and Functional Consultants August 17, 2017
- The 365 Talent Portal Dynamics Events Calendar August 16, 2017
- How to screen CVs for Microsoft consultants August 15, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect in London August 10, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017