How to motivate your Dynamics freelancers?
Finding the right Dynamics contractors to join your company is a tough job; it is even harder retaining them! The market is competitive and they get calls every day from recruiters and your competitors.
How can you make sure you keep the talented freelancers motivated to stay with you.
- Show interest (simple, isn’t it?) – It is key to talk to them about how they feel about your company. Don’t be afraid to ask if they like the culture, the project, the team, etc.. Don’t treat them as invisible or interchangeable contingency workers.
- Find out about their plans – Ask about the roles they are interested in – they might help you with some work outside of the initial scope of the role they were hired for. What about their long-term plans? Would they consider a full time job? You’ll be surprised how many freelancers would settle in for a permanent position with the right company. If you don’t ask the question you’ll never know.
- Make them feel valued– Show appreciation of their work. Yes, they are freelancers but they still like some feedback if they’ve done a good job (or not!).
- Ask for their opinion on the project – These people are very experienced and have usually worked on many other implementations. Enquire about best practice advice and if there is anything else you should be doing with the end-user they have been working with. They might help you win extra work!
Hope this helps – the freelancer community is small; the consultants often share their opinion and views on the projects they’ve been involved. Treat them fairly and you’ll get happy, motivated consultants that are your big advocates and promote your company and service externally.
About us: 365 Freelance is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of contractors. With a network spanning 66 countries, it allows companies to search for freelancers based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here – www.365freelance.com
- How to screen CVs for Microsoft consultants August 15, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect in London August 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer in Canada August 10, 2017
- Free Microsoft Training : Dynamics 365 Customization August 9, 2017
- 30+ Essential websites for your Microsoft Dynamics career August 4, 2017
- New Microsoft training courses for Dynamics 365 posted on January 10, 2017
- Microsoft Dynamics exam preparation – new training material on the DLP posted on February 18, 2016
- New exam requirements for Dynamics ERP Partner Programs posted on July 5, 2016
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise training videos, courses and guides posted on April 21, 2017